Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bloglines!!


Hello girls!!
Wow! I'm discovering always new things on Internet! It's great! Well...at first I wasn't so excited, because on Wednesday I wasn't able to come to the lab lesson and at home I have a slow connection; therefore, I wasn't able to watch the videos, which explained what we had to do for registering for bloglines Tutorial and for subscribing to Feeds Tutorial....what a mess!!! Fortunately, a friend of mine had the "DSL" and so, I went to her home and I was able to watch those videos....well, at the end it wasn't so difficult! What is more, this time I was able to convince my parents to install the "DSL"!!!I'm so happy! They don't use Internet very often, so they don't understand how important is to have a fast connection...but it was so difficult to explain them that Internet isn't just a waste of time and nowdays, it's becoming more and more important and useful...by the way, at the end they seemed to be convinced! Next week, I'm sure I'll have the "DSL"!
Talking about Bloglines, I think that feeds and feeds aggregators are a very useful way to share information and organize our work; everyday, according to our interests , we can consult easily and rapidly what we want to see...it's great! Furthermore, it's a nice way to bring us up to date! I created a playlist for the members of my group and soon, I'll create other playlists which will include the other groups, music, animals, and so on..I had look to National Geographic News and I found it very interesting; I read the article about Hurricane Noel,which is the deadliest Atlantic storm this year! what terrible news....
What about you my friends??? Did you find interesting to use Bloglines?!!
See you on Monday!!
bye bye!!

4 comments:

Valeria said...

Hi!!
I’m happy that soon you’ll have the DSL connection! Surely, you’ll work better with it, instead of waiting for long time that web pages appear on your pc…! As you said, Internet is becoming more and more important in our everyday life and especially in our English course, since it’s our working tool to do the activities.
I also think that feeds aggregator are useful, in particular for those who visit a big number of web sites. I had a look to the link you suggested and I found it interesting, moreover I’m a subscriber of the review National Geographic. In one of its last numbers there was an article about the Maya population and I really like it, also because I wrote my tesina on Spanish colonialism and in this article I founded interesting information. In Bloglines I signalled a link of Corriere della Sera, it’s about Italian news and lifestyle but they’re written in English. I think it’s useful to improve our English reading abilities.
Bye bye!
Vale

Cristina said...

Hi!
You’re right, we are learning so much in this course! Maybe also because we know very little of informatics…don’t you think so? I feel we are like children…everything in this digital world is new and almost incredible to us, and we keep on saying “Oooh!”.
I guess it has been hard to create the account ad everything without being at the lab lesson on Wednesday, you know what, Sarah indications are vitally important!
Oh, before I forget: congratulations for the battle you won with your parents!! A fast connection is really important, otherwise it is impossible to work on our blog!
C u!

Elisa said...

Hi,

I feel that my web-relation is changing and getting better. Only two or three weeks ago I felt that blogging was something weird, I thought “who are these people who put pages up about themselves? or why can some people spend a lot of their free time in front of a pc?” but the familiarity I have with Internet has increased; now it’s no longer something strange to have a photo of myself online and have a profile on a social networking site…

monica said...

Hi girls,
I apologize for being late with my comments. You know, we always talk about Internet as an essential tool in our everyday life ut I realize how essential it is only when it doesn't work in my house. It's what happened this week and I really got lost.
I decided to post a single comment to all your posts because I saw that we all agree on the importance Bloglines has and on the advantages it brings to us.
I especially remember how Cristina defined it, "a kind of secretary". That's right,here, instead of having a person who can follow and tide up our works we have the Bloglines with its feeds, aggregators, playlists,etc. which do all this for us and help us to keep everything under control.
I agree with Elisa when she is saying that knowledge of this kind is essential in our era of technology and Web. However, in this huge world of the Web where you can find whatever you want but, at the same time, you may easily get lost it is fundamental to get updated on the new technological tools which can avoid wasting time.
Bye