Sunday, December 9, 2007

My personal learning environment


Hi girls!

Yesss!!!I got it!! I was able to design a map of my personal learning environment using Free mind! Firstly, I thought about all the sources I used to learn English; secondly, I divided these sources in four categories, which are: tools, places, people and experiences. I think it was funny and interesting to do this activity. Above all, I focused on my past experiences; they helped me to learn English as a language but also as a culture; I mean, I learnt a lot about this language and its culture, thanks to studying holidays and travel exchanges. I’m sure that the best and quickly way to learn English is to go abroad. In this way, you are completely plunged into the language and every day you learn something more!

As far as people are concearned, I think that English host families and some guys I met during my Erasmus experience, played a big role in my PLE! I mean, I think that sometimes I learned more English speaking with my friends instead of going to school...Don’t you think so? They implicitly taught me English and that’s what I liked most !

Then, I grouped together the places where I learn English and the tools which I use to do it. Maybe, these two categories are a bit banal but they are necessary to build my map! In order to make it more personal, I wrote some examples after each source. In this way, I think the map is more realistic!

Well ,that’s all! Let’s have a look to my map!

See you!!

Elena Carlet's English learning

I'm terribly sorry for my spelling mistake in the map!!!! I wanted to write English learning!:-(

No comments: